10 January 2009

Layout

I'm working on the layout and I'm showing here the way it is going.

As I said in another post, I was thinking about showing a sentence while the video (of me drawing the map) was running. The background for the sentence was due to the transparency problem. I need an area to put the sentence on. So, In a talk with my tutor, she said that it was possible but maybe not the best solution yet. That is true and after sketching more I realised that it would be too digital for such a tactile/rough aesthetic I'm creating.

More sketches, thinking, and dreaming about layout:












And then I had this idea that I feel much more confident now:
The idea is that starting the video, I take a notebook, open the black ribbon, write "what have you left behind?", open it and leave at the top left of the screen (this will then become a jpg over the video) - at this point I already show the real notebook to users - and they can associate with the sentences that are going to appear. That will be the space to appear the sentences from testimonies while the video is running (I'll try to match the timing of the video with the timing of the sentences).

As soon as I put the book there, I take a piece of paper and write the button of the website "map view", "nomads view", etc. and put in the right place on the layout. This will also become the upper layer: the video will run below the book and the buttons.

I think it might work and can become a very interesting visual (some inspirations: Be Kind Rewind website - not online anymore - but the image is here: http://inspiringwebsites.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/be_kind_rewind.png / Billy Harvey Music http://www.billyharveymusic.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment