29 November 2008

Finding solution

Finding solution, or better: looking for solution. This is a very pleasurable and anxious part of the process. It is actually the "design" itself, in my opinion. I got the content, I have an aim, now I have to find the best way to express it by image (and interactive).

I was making experiments with world maps and getting to a solution when I saw that everything was getting too complicate (not clear, punctual and precise), I was missing the track. This is very common to someone that is extremely involved in the project. I could see it just when my tutor asked a few questions that I couldn't answer. Everything has to have a meaning/concept. This is already very strong in my mind as a designer. But sometimes some images are so interesting that at that moment I got excited, leaving aside the most important thing (the essence of all this). I have to be aware of the essence, the strong points and I was missing it by the idea of how interactive it could be. It is very tricky working with Interactive Media sometimes, because the idea of interactive elements can be leveled up and miss the essential point. In interactive media, users have some "freedom", so things have to be very clear without sounding stupid or redundant.

So, I stopped to rethink what is the most important thing of all this. Get it simple, precise and strong.

I took a close look at some notebooks and got back to research.

Taking a look at the notebooks it got clear to me that the content doesn't explain itself. In a sense of, what I asked from people is not direct linked to what I want to show. It is mainly because I didn't want to ask straight forward. I believe that when you are far from the time/place you can see that with different eyes and see clearer what is really important from that. That is why I asked about the past. So, I can't just show what I collected because it can be completely misunderstood by the audience. To deliver the essential elements of the "story" I need to conduct people's mind to what I am thinking.

Well, everything here seems very obvious, but I need to record the process anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment