20 December 2008

Big amount of data. What to do with that now?

Pages of the notebooks printed and spread on the floor. I found it a good way to see all the data at the same time and also to get the highlights (what I really like in each of them).

The challenge now is how to show this big amount of data in an interesting way through a website.

In the website there will be two kinds of navigation. The first and main one is which I focus on the aim, where I will play a bit more with this presentation, and the second is where the user can actually see each and every page if he/she is interested in navigate through all or some of them.

The second kind of navigation is quite easy to layout. I'm focusing now in the first one, where I make clear the aim of all this, which is that we are all nomads, no matter if changing places or not and if we want it or not. The illusion of the "settler".

In this part of the website I might show just part of some pages, make some highlights, showing a bit of all the content and leave it up to the user to go deeper or not. There are around 80 pages just with written words and really filled up, so if I put all together it might be too heavy and tiring for some users (although he will have the choice to look deeply).

So, I'm working crazily in this now. If you have any ideas, thoughts, you're more than welcome to help me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Que loucura! Quanta informação e que trabalho danado, menina! Tô impressionada!
    Beijocas e boa sorte! Vou continuar acompanhando!

    ReplyDelete